The Chief Justice Fraser Scholarship
Amount:Two scholarships of $12,500 each are available.
Description:The Chief Justice Fraser Scholarship was established to honour Catherine Fraser, who retired as Alberta’s Chief Justice in 2022. The scholarship recognizes and rewards academic achievement of an outstanding student taking a law degree at the University of Alberta or the University of Calgary.
Criteria:One scholarship will be given to each of the Faculties of Law at the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary.
Applicants must be:
- a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary.
- enrolled in the first year of study in a Faculty of Law at the University of Alberta or the University of Calgary, and
- enrolled in full-time post-secondary.
You are not eligible to receive the award when you withdraw from studies or drop from full- to part-time studies before the award is paid.
Application Website: https://studentaid.alberta.ca/scholarships/chief-justice-fraser-scholarship/